Top 5 Reasons to take the Dual Credit option
- Your tuition is covered by your school district
- Credits earned go directly toward your High School and Post Secondary transcripts
- Most courses are transferable to other colleges and universities
- Avoids the five course crunch in your first year. Five can be a lot!
- Build your confidence going into future options
Dual credit courses and programs enable students to receive credit for post-secondary courses, while simultaneously receiving high school credit towards their graduation. Both Camosun College and the University of Victoria provide SD61 students with the opportunity to take post-secondary courses, tuition-free, while they are still in high school.
Click on the following links to discover more information about:
- Dual Credit Courses
- Camosun- SIP (South Island Partnership)
- UVIC- UStart See the UStart Program Guide for more details.
- School-based Dual Credit Cohorts-Dual Credit Cohort Classes involve high school teachers team teaching with Camosun instructors inside and/or outside the regular secondary timetable. This opportunity allows students to get credit for a high school and a Camosun course while receiving support and instruction from two teachers.
- Camosun Programs – non-trades Career programs including, Legal Office Assistant, Medical Office Assistant, Office Administration, Computer Network Electronics Technician, Electronics & Computer Engineering Technology- Renewable Energy, Information and Computer Systems Technician.
See Mr. Wheeler or Samantha in the Career Center for more information