Work Experience 12A & 12B are both 4-credit courses that enable you to experience 100-120 hours of on-site job training in a cooperative partnership between the student, the school and the employer. This opportunity is open to all grade 11 and 12 students.
Benefits of Work Experience:
- Make future decisions based on a realistic understanding of the workplace
- Develop qualities and skills that are transferable to employment and career development
- Obtain references and contacts for future employers
- Develop self-confidence and self-awareness
- Support the transition from school to work, Youth Work in Trades or further education
If you are interested in signing up for a work experience course or setting up a job shadow for a day or two, visit the Career Centre during block C and speak with Ms. McDiarmid