The South Island Partnership (SIP) between Camosun College, the five School Districts of Southern Vancouver Island and local industry leaders aims to provide opportunities for students to jump-start their post-secondary education and workplace careers by participating SIP programming while they are still enrolled in High School. Students in a SIP program earn both High School Credits and Post Secondary Credits.
Top 5 Reasons to take the Dual Credit option
- Your tuition is covered by your school district
- Credits earned go directly toward your High School and Post Secondary transcripts
- Most courses are transferable to other colleges and universities
- Avoids the five-course crunch in your first year. Five can be a lot!
- Build your confidence going into future options
Dual credit courses and programs enable students to receive credit for post-secondary courses, while simultaneously receiving high school credit towards their graduation. Both Camosun College and University of Victoria provide SD61 students with the opportunity to take post-secondary courses, tuition-free, while they are still in high school.
Click on the following links to discover more information about:
- Dual Credit Courses
- Camosun- SIP (South Island Partnership) See the Camosun Program Guide for more details.
- School-based Dual Credit Cohorts-Dual Credit Cohort Classes involve high school teachers’ team teaching with Camosun instructors inside and/or outside the regular secondary timetable. This opportunity allows students to get credit for a high school and a Camosun course while receiving support and instruction from two teachers.
For more information or to apply to one of these programs contact Mr. Wheeler or Samantha in the career center